Their research found that when schools provided students with laptops for use in the classroom and at home, learning improved in a number of subjects, including science, math, and English. “Students received more feedback on their writing, edited and revised their papers more often, drew on a wider range of resources to write, and published or shared their work with others more often,” Zheng concludes in the study.
Many educators who have been using laptops in the classroom have already discovered the advantages of this versatile tool. Technology is used in conducting research, developing materials, managing student information, and communicating with colleagues, students, and parents.
The laptops can help students stay organized and remember the school work, the students can easily review their work all in one place, they can edit, change and copy their work, and they can also send their work via email.
The students can learn writing skills, creativity, communication, and cooperation by using technology in learning, so, it will improve the student’s skills and competencies. The laptops can facilitate the work for both the teachers and the students, they increase the interaction among the students, the teachers, and the parents.
What Are the Advantages of Laptop Programs?
Supplying a laptop to students offers a host of learning benefits for students and teachers:
Supplements Obsolete Textbooks
New textbooks represent a significant purchase for cash-strapped school districts, which is why some still rely on outdated resources. Laptops reduce the dependency on these antiquated books by giving students access to more current and relevant information online.
Improves Writing Skills
Laptops are invaluable when helping students develop their writing skills. Once they become proficient at typing, they can “write” more quickly on a computer than by hand. It is also easier to detect mistakes and make edits when using integrated spelling and grammar checking tools and thesauruses. Students can even review their finished papers for plagiarism.
Increases Familiarity With Computers
Technology will continue to be an integral part of the lives of today’s students. Having regular access to laptops at school — and at home, if applicable — enables students to enhance their computer skills. They will be better prepared to use technology as they pursue their academic and career goals.
Facilitates Quicker Learning
The speed of performing tasks on a computer helps students complete assignments and execute other functions more quickly than ever. Teachers can pack more lessons into the school day, allowing their students to learn more and engage in a wider variety of educational activities.
Allows for the Use of Learning Resources
An internet-connected laptop enables students to use videos, websites, virtual reality, education-oriented games, charts and other tools to aid their learning efforts. Teachers can use these resources to implement a more innovative instructional approach that adds fun and keeps students engaged.
Helps With Teaching Modern Concepts
Students cannot learn everything they need to have a successful life and career in the 21st century from a textbook. They can only develop specific computer-based skills through a hands-on approach that working on a laptop provides. Examples include image editing, coding, setting up and managing spreadsheets, and email communication.
Assists With Tutoring
Teachers don’t always have the time to offer the individualized attention that some students need. Laptops can serve as electronic tutors that supplement classroom instruction. Students can log on to websites specifically designed for online tutoring that offer step-by-step explanations of educational concepts and problem-solving guidance.
Group problem-solving is an essential skill in the workplace and life. The use of laptops helps students work through a problem together and exchange information, whether they are in the classroom or at home. The collaborative efforts will also enable them to develop stronger communication skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Serves as a Virtual Library
Many school libraries do not have all the resources students need when conducting research or working on major academic projects. A laptop gives students access to an endless stream of information. However, they will need guidance in determining the difference between credible and unreliable online sources.
Increases Attention Spans
Teachers face the constant challenge of holding their students’ interests and keeping them on task. Anyone who observes a teenager or younger child using a smartphone can attest that kids become easily absorbed in technology. Savvy instructors can use this to their advantage with the help of laptops in the classroom.
Also, read: How To Fix Outlook PST File Invalid Path Error?
Laptops are expensive pieces of equipment — Instructors and parents can use them to teach students the importance of taking care of valuable property and how to use them correctly. They can also help kids understand the need for safeguarding their privacy, such as creating effective passwords that prevent others from accessing their information.
Makes Teachers’ Lives Easier
Teachers can also benefit from the use of laptops in the classroom. Students can use them to take tests and turn in homework online, preventing teachers from having to grade stacks of messy handwritten papers. Teachers can then record the grades electronically just by switching to a different screen. They can also use their laptops to send progress reports to parents, encouraging them to work in partnership with the school.
The World Wide Web is a knowledge highway and more and more students are using online libraries to complete their assignments and do research. A laptop or note book facilitates learning in many ways:
Benefits of Laptops to Study
- The laptop along with references and notes is with you always and the internet libraries and other website have tools that help students’ format assignments and references in MLA or APA formats.
- With a laptop a student can take notes in class, type up assignments, share notes, PDF files, and work with groups on projects.
- Students can use the internet to speak to and communicate with family and friends without incurring huge phone bills.
- Laptops enable students to watch films and video clips as well as download music from the net.
- Students even use laptops for creating software and designing things to earn a little pocket money. Those with writing or research skills can consider freelance writing.
- There are students to launch websites while students along with friends and these ventures become huge successes creating millionaires.
- Online libraries and other websites allow students to download whole books online. It save time and money and students can read books published as far back as the 18th century to new ones.
- Laptops make students self sufficient and they learn to type, manage their schedules, learn to budget by using online planners, and become citizens of the world.
- A laptop with an internet connection encourages learning and keeps students abreast of news. Online news sites cover not just a state or country but the whole world. Students will know how people live elsewhere and all about war, political strife, natural disasters, as well as new discoveries and cultures distinct from their own.
- Laptops encourage students to be technological whizzes. They keep abreast of all that’s new in the world.
Also, read: Epson EB-X31 Review – One Of The Best Projectors