If you've been using Facebook for a while and have messaged friends and contacts there, you could notice that your message inbox is overflowing with chats. Additionally, since handling them is difficult and especially pointless communications are nothing more than clutter for you, you might want to delete them. It will take a long time to manually delete them. Facebook by default does not allow you to delete multiple messages on messenger; you can only remove the entire discussion. You can archive messages in the main messages pane, but this does not actually erase the messages. You can now go through and remove each message one by one. Now, this seems like a laborious task to complete.
How to Delete Multiple Messages on Facebook Messenger
1. Facebook Fast Delete Messages Chrome extension
You can remove several messages with the aid of the well-known Google Chrome extension Facebook Fast Delete Messages. To install the extension and delete messages, follow these instructions:
- To add the Facebook Fast Delete Messages Extension, go to the Chrome Web Store and follow the instructions.
- Click on the Facebook Fast Delete Messages extension icon after it has been added, then click the Open Messages button.
- Once the website has loaded, click the Extension symbol once more, and then select the Delete All Messages option.
- You'll receive a confirmation window asking whether you're sure you want to delete all messages. To remove each message, select Yes, Delete.
- For a complete message deletion, select Yes, Delete.
- You can erase all of your Facebook messages in this manner.
Also, Read: Difference Between HDD And SSD
2. Deleting Messages on your PC
You can use your computer or laptop to remove your multiple messages from Facebook messenger by following these steps:
- Join Facebook by logging in.
- Click on Messages in the top right corner, and then in the popup that appears, select "See All on Messenger" at the bottom left.
- Hover your mouse over the chat window, click the three dots, and then select the "Delete" option to remove the entire thread of messages.
- Click the three-dot icon after hovering over the chat. After that, select "Delete."
- You will then be given the choice of canceling, deleting or hiding the conversation. To continue with the deletion of the entire chat, select "Delete."
3. Deleting Messages on your Mobile
On smartphones, follow these procedures to erase multiple Facebook messages:
- Download the Messenger app from the Google Play store if you don't already have it.
- Open the app, then enter your login and password to log in.
To end the conversation in its entirety:
- A brief window will show once you select and hold down the thread you want to remove.
- On the red circle on the right side of the screen, tap the recycle bin icon.
- Select Delete from the confirmation box that will appear.
- If you want to remove a single message, click here.
- To delete a specific message, go to the conversation and hold down the desired message.
- Click Remove at the bottom after that.
- Next to the "Remove for you" option, tap the delete icon.
4. Bulk Deletion
While several Chrome extensions include a mass deletion option, "Delete All Messages for Facebook" is one of the best.
- Click the Add to Chrome button to add the "Detect Messages from Facebook" Chrome extension.
- Log into Facebook and launch Messenger in Chrome.
- To ensure that your messages are gone, scroll down to load them.
- On the Google toolbar, click the Extension in the top-right corner.
- From the extension menu, choose "Choose & Delete."
- Using the checkboxes on the left side, select the messages you want to remove. Select "Delete Selected Messages" from the menu at the top of the page. The messages that you choose will be removed.
5. Deleting Messages on iOS
- Scroll through your discussion in the Messenger app and find the message you want to delete.
- Tap the chat you want to delete and hold it there. Now select Delete by tapping the icon with the three horizontal lines.
Also, Read: How to Download Games for Dolphin emulator