Outlook's email signature line is a great way to quickly provide crucial information in an email without having to put it in each time. Not only is it useful if you want to incorporate your personal information, but it also gives your emails a more personalized feel. Think of it as your personal business card. In this article, we'll walk you through adding a signature to your emails and show you how to edit it if your contact information changes. For instructions on adding a signature to Outlook.
How to Make an Email Signature in Outlook for PC
You must first configure them in the Outlook client in order for them to appear beneath your emails. To add a signature to your emails, simply type one out and then follow the instructions below. This guide on adding a signature to Outlook is compatible with version and later. To create a signature in Outlook for PC, follow these steps:
- Click File in the top left corner of the screen in the desktop client for Outlook to add a signature to emails. You are then taken to Outlook's main menu. After that, select Options.
- Outlook's settings are where: on the Mail tab in the sidebar. To access the signature setup menu, click on Signatures in the menu.
- The window for signatures and stationery will appear in a new window. The email account to which you want to add the signature can be chosen from there. Currently, just click New. It will then reveal a smaller window where you can type your name as your signature. Additionally, you can design numerous signatures for a single email account and use various signatures for various email types.
- In the textbox on the Edit Signature tab, you can add your signature. On this page, you can alter the text's font, formatting, and color. You can also upload a photo to use as your signature. Simply click OK to save your signature once you're finished altering it.
How to Add a Signature in Outlook for Mac
The steps are largely similar to those for a PC but differ slightly:
- Select Preferences > Signature > Emails from the menu.
- Click the plus sign.
- Your signature may be typed or pasted in.
- Shut off the menus
- The same procedures apply to editing the signature. For instance, if you wanted to announce that you'll shortly be leaving office.
Also, Read: How Many Jobs Are Available In Computer Software Prepackaged Software
How to Add a Signature in Outlook on Mobile Devices
The process we used to add the signature on Outlook for Desktop is similar to how Outlook email signature is set up for mobile. It doesn't matter if you're using an iPhone or an Android device the processes are the same. But bear in mind that the mobile editor has fewer features than the desktop one.
- Click the Menu icon in the top-left corner of the mobile Outlook application's window. The sidebar will start to expand from the left as soon as you click on it. To access the settings page, click the Gear symbol at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to the Mail section of the settings page and select the Signature option. You will then be sent to the page where you can add or update your signature.
- A textbox ought to appear on the screen. Simply utilize the onscreen keyboard to sign there. On mobile devices, it is currently not possible to add any images or modify the signature's design.
- To save the modifications after finishing inserting your signature, just click the tick icon. The signature should appear at the bottom of the email when you compose it the following time.
Also, Read: How to launch computer management from the command line
How to Add an Email Signature in Outlook on the Web
The steps for configuring an email signature in Outlook for the web are as follows:
- View all Outlook settings in Settings
- Open mail and type a response
- Enter or paste your IBN in the box.
- Shut off the settings